Sunday, May 18, 2008

Killer Whales





Abby's first science project is about Killer Whales. In first grade, they keep things very simple. Pick an animal, answer a few research questions, write one paragraph, and make something visual to show the class. I helped Abby... (or Abby helped me!) make a diorama for her visual project. I love making dioramas! I think I did do too much of the work, but it was too much fun!! She planned it with me, chose the background images to print, chose the whale images to print, and she did almost ALL of the glue and glitter! She really did do a lot of it now that I think of it. I'm just stressing that the teacher's going to get mad that it looks like mommy did all of the work. Oh well. It's just first grade, right?

She's so proud of our little ocean box, and so am I! I can't believe there's only five more days of school, and my little girl will be going into second grade! Time really flies by...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe she'll be out of school in 5 days, we have to go until June 4th!

Very cute ocean box. Good work Abby!

Jeanine said...

Yah, it seems early. Zander's in a different district, but he still gets out May 27th. :)

Cheryl said...

cute. nice job, mommy!